Together with the Group Director Internal Audit, you will be setting up the Internal Audit (IA) department from scratch at our client, BME. In this role, it is required to have an EU-nationality due to the high travel/working component in the different European countries. Speaking Spanish, German, French and/or Dutch, next to English is also required.
We are looking for a senior audit professional, who is able to balance the highest professional standards with pragmatism in developing and implementing the internal audit approach. Furthermore, you hold strong capabilities in IT matters, which you actively deploy in developing the IT audit function.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Co-design, co-develop and roll-out a new Internal Audit strategy for BME and the Operating Companies, together with the Group Director Internal Audit
- Co-develop the annual risk based Internal Audit work plan for inclusion in the overall IA plan
- Develop the IT audit function and further embed the IT audit component into the integrated audits
- Manage relationships with the business representatives across the Operating Companies (including key second line functions)
- In corporation with the Group Director Internal Audit, prepare periodic updates for the European Management Team (EMT).
- Completing other assignments as requested by Group and Operating Companies (OpCos). Such reviews would generally cover specific fraud, controls and other ad hoc investigations
- Working with external auditors to coordinate audit activities in the Europe
- Promotion of cutting-edge practices (data analytics, continuous auditing, second line defence delivery)
Key Functional Competencies
- Strong people skills (customer focus, development of direct reports, drive for results)
- Strong communication skills (including oral, written, report writing, and presentation)
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Strong personality with the ability to get things done -pragmatic and solutions-oriented attitude
- Flexible, agile and resilient
- Takes ownership, is accountable, delivers on promises
- High sense of integrity and business ethics
Education and Experience
- Business professional with 8 years of work experience, of which 2-3 years Internal Audit experience working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment, preferably with background in Private Equity (PE)
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, CPA, ACCA, Dutch RA and or CIA) with significant post qualification experience
- A stable career track with clear career progression within a limited number of employers
- Significant audit experience either in an international public accounting firm or other corporate Internal Audit function
- Eager and ambitious with the ability to go at least one level up
- Fluent in English and ideally in French, Dutch or German as well;
- At equal qualification diversity criteria will apply in the final selection process
- Do it
- Be real
- Win together
Based in Schiphol-Oost with the willingness to travel 40% throughout Europe.
Please contact Ilona Hofland via email@example.com or via 06-42253316 or apply directly