Purpose of the Role
Together with the Group Director Internal Audit, you will be responsible for setting up and finetuning the Internal Control and Risk Management environment within BME Group. We are in search of a senior professional, who is able to balance the highest professional standards with pragmatism in developing and implementing the Internal Control & Risk Management approach at BME Group level as well as the 11 European OpCo’s.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
In the position of Manager Risk & Internal Control at BME Group, your roles and responsibilities comprise a.o. the following :
- Optimize and maintain the Risk appetite Statement as well as various risk management policies and procedures;
- Perform risk assessments on operational and IT processes. Organize workshops at group level and at the Opco’s to identify and classify strategic risks. Maintain a Strategic Risk Register;
- Maintain, develop and safeguard the BME groupwide Internal Control Framework;
- Coach and advise the different Opco’s on Internal Controls and Risk related matters;
- You will meet with local finance directors and internal control officers on a regular basis to discuss and address relevant internal control / risk management topics;
- Furthermore, you will act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and first point of contact for all internal control / risk management related questions and topics;
- You will actively build on an Internal Control / Risk Management community within BME, share best practices and develop trainings / learning modules;
- You will manage and facilitate the internal control self-assessment process at the different opco’s and report on the results;
- Participate in projects and advise management in the design of processes, process-improvements and optimization, and identification of risks;
- Liaise with external auditors and other internal & external stakeholders on internal control and risk related matters;
- Integrate new acquired entities from a Risk & Internal control perspective.
- Master’s degree in e.g. Business Administration / Economics;
- At least 6 years of experience in (internal) audit, internal control, risk or consulting in a complex environment or at one of the Big 4;
- Fluent in English and preferably in French, Dutch or German as well;
- You take ownership, you are independent and pro-active;
- Your communication skills are excellent and you are a true connector with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Furthermore you are flexible, agile and resilient;
- You have a high sense of integrity and business ethics;
Also, you share the BME values
- Do it
- Be real
- Win together
What we offer
At BME you will work in a professional and entrepreneurial environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. If you like to work in an international organization with a no-nonsense culture we would like to meet you! In addition we offer an attractive compensation package.
The position is based in Schiphol-Oost and you should have the willingness to travel up to 40% throughout Europe.
Please contact Ilona Hofland via email@example.com or via 06-42253316